TOUR OF MARAMURES 75 €
The price is 75 € and includid the next service:
- Car on the economic class
- The driver with role the guide
- The fuel for complete journey
- Estimate temps 9-11 our
Objective to visit:
- renowned church of Surdesti 1721 , one of the 8 churches included by Unesco on the list of the protected world patrimony and the highest oak building in the world 72 m . From here we proceed to Cavnic, over the Neteda keys, to Old Maramures.
- at Budesti, where we visit the wooden church 1643 where we can find a collection of paintings on glass and wood, also listed by Unesco. We can also find the armor of the faimous Pintea the Outlaw, kept by the inhabitants.
- we contineu along the Cosau Valley to Sirbi, the next village, where we can admire a few monumental wooden gates and we can find numerous water mills, extraordinary technical creations of the locals.
- we go up along side the Iza Valley and at Birsana we visit the new monastery built close to the village entrance
- Sighetul Marmatiei, the center of Old Maramures visiting the Comunism Museum the old comunism prison, the Vilage Museum and the memorial house Elie Wiesel in 1986 awarded Nobel Price .
- lunch can be served at a variety of local restaurants with traditional food
- Sapinta is well known for its Merry Cemetery, a place created by master craftsman Stan Ioan Patrascu in 1935 and cannot be missed by any visitor of Maramures
- we return to Sighet 18 km and in Berbesti we can admire a superb cross built by anonymous villagers more than over three centuries ago, and we can visit the churches at Desesti 1770 olso listed by Unesco.
- and we start our return to Baia Mare alongside the Mara Valley, across the Gutii Mountains, the most important acces route to Old Maramures.